(last updated December 2021)
We are committed to protecting your privacy through our compliance with this Policy. This Policy describes the information that we gather from you on the Service, how we use and disclose such information, and the steps we take to protect such information. By using the Service, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Policy. This Policy does not apply to information we collect offline or through a third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Service.
This Policy is incorporated into and is subject to the Terms of Service. Capitalized terms used but not defined in this Policy have the meaning given to them in the Terms of Service. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
Information We Collect
User-provided information. When you register for an account on the Service, you may provide and we may collect what is generally called “personally identifiable” information, or “personal information,” which is information that specifically identifies an individual. Examples of personal information include name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and credit card or other billing information. Personal information also includes other information, such as geographic area, or preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual. You may provide us with personal information in various ways on the Service. You provide us with personal information directly when you register for an account, use the Service, post content, interact with your own customers through communication or messaging features, or send us customer service-related requests. We also collect information automatically from your use of the Service through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies. We may also collect non-personal information about your internet connection, equipment used to access the Service, usage details, and other information that is about you but does not identify you.
“Cookie” information. When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser “Help” information to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
“Automatically collected” information. When you use the Service, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users.
Third-party web beacons and third-party buttons. We may also implement third-party content or advertising on the Service that may use clear gifs or other forms of web beacons, which allow the third-party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser in connection with your viewing of the third-party content on the Service. Additionally, we may implement third-party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that may allow third parties to collect information about you through such third parties’ browser cookies, even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties, and SKU IQ does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
Information from other sources. We may obtain information, including personal information, from third parties and sources other than the Service, such as our partners, advertisers, and retailers (as provided above). If we combine or associate information from other sources with personal information that we collect through the Service, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
See the Section below “Your Choices” for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Service and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. We may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Service and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Service according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Service.
- We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use information we collect on the Service in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time on the Service;
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- To improve our website and the Service (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- To process transactions (your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested by the customer);
- To send periodic emails (the email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.);
- To comply with laws and regulations related to your use of the Service;
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, privacy violations or defamation issues related to your content posted on the Service;
- To send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with;
- To personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- To monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Service and to monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed;
- As may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
When We Disclose Information
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Service to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Service, such as a public profile page, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- We work with third-party service providers to provide website or application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- We also may disclose your information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
You may, of course, decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information at any time by accessing your account preferences page on the Service. If you wish to access or amend any other personal information we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you that we have obtained from an integrated service, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by sending your request to us by email at email@example.com or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Service.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email request to firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your account is acceptable as cancellation notice.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. [This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.]
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting us at email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s Service.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see “Your California Privacy Rights” for more information.
The Service may contain features or links to web sites and services provided by third parties, including websites. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Service is not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Service. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Service at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personally identifiable information has been collected on the Service from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the Service, then you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our systems. California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see the Section of this Policy “Your California Rights” for more information.]
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at email@example.com.
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain personal information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Service. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Service is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Service. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the Service will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
International Visitors & Customers
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Service that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by one of the methods set forth below.
Changes & Updates to This Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision at the top of the Policy. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Service for the first time after such material changes are made. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your personal information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
o2oCommerce (DBA SKU IQ)
1480 Moraga Rd, Suite C-415
Moraga, CA 94556-2005